HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Applegate EDM is committed to ensuring a safe and healthful workplace and protecting the environment. We believe that safety and a protected environment is good business, and that all work-related injuries, illnesses, property losses and adverse environmental impacts are preventable.
To fulfill this commitment, our Company will:
- Ensure that management accepts full responsibility for protecting workers and the environment.
- Give health, safety and environmental considerations equal status with the Company’s other business objectives and integrate them into all aspects of our work.
- Work actively to continuously improve health, safety and environmental performance.
- Only start work after confirming that essential health, safety and environmental protection systems are in place, and willingly suspend activities if safety, health or the environment would be compromised.
- Encourage all supervisors, employees and contractors to be individually responsible for identifying and eliminating hazards, preventing injury to themselves and others, and preventing adverse environmental impact.
- Provide and maintain properly engineered facilities, plants and equipment.
- Minimize waste generation, air emissions and other discharges from our activities to the environment.
- Actively monitor, audit and review to improve systems, processes, health, safety and environmental performance.
- At a minimum, ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Hold contractors and third parties accountable for adhering to the Company’s health, safety and environmental policy, and audit contractor systems and procedures to ensure satisfactory health, safety and environmental performance.
- Hold supervisors accountable for ensuring and promoting a safe and healthful workplace, and the protection of the environment within their areas of responsibility by ensuring that workers are knowledgeable and have access to:
- publications of the latest applicable laws and regulations
- health, safety and environmental rules and safe work standards
- emergency response procedures
- environmental protection requirements and equipment
- Hold workers at all levels accountable for being fit for work at the beginning and throughout their shifts and when on call.
- Develop, implement and manage a system of accountability for health, safety and environment roles and responsibilities at all levels of the company. Inform employees and contractors of this policy, and make it available to them.
We firmly believe responsibility for application of this policy rests with management, employees and contractors associated with Applegate EDM.
Israel Bernal Terry Click
Owner General Manager